Welcome to the Glendale Baptist Church of Nashville, Tennessee website.
Glendale is a church that takes seriously its desire to be “a caring community of equality and grace.” It is our covenant promise with God and one another to receive and demonstrate God’s love while exploring together the meaning of being God’s witness in the world. Our partnerships demonstrate these commitments. We are affiliated with the Alliance of Baptists, the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, the Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America and the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists.
In a time in which it seems that many people have forgotten what it means to be Baptist, we seek to affirm the richness of that heritage. We stress the fact that each of us is called to be priest to each other. We affirm the responsibility and privilege each of us has of reading the scripture for ourselves. We celebrate the leading of the Holy Spirit in calling all kinds of people into roles of servant leadership. We continue to keep the wall of separation between church and state strong. These principles guide our relationships and commitments.
We would welcome your joining with us for worship and fellowship whenever you are able. Thank you for visiting our website.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- Join us for Gather Around the Table on Saturday, October 18 Posted on October 14, 2014
- Season of Celebration - 10 Years of Shared Ministry with Amy and April Posted on October 14, 2014
- Swahili, Tanzania, and khat-chewing bus drivers Posted on October 14, 2014
- Glendale Pastor April Baker Receives Baptist Heritage Award from Furman University Posted on September 18, 2014
- Ol Pejeta! Posted on September 8, 2014