Music at Glendale
Glendale appreciates music in our worship as well as in our casual gatherings. As a worshiping community, we use the Chalice Hymnal and sing a wide variety of hymns and responses. The choral music program is diverse as well, with the sanctuary choir bringing classical to modern anthems, including some written just for us! In 2009, the choir presented Vivaldi’s Gloria during the season of Advent. The Holy Friday service for 2010 was a presentation of John Rutter’s Requiem. Since 2007, Don Schlosser has led the choir and congregation in music. Pianist Holling Smith-Borne, who accompanies our rehearsals and plays for our worship services, joined the music ministry in 2010.
The Adult Choir meets every Wednesday evening from 5:15 to 6:00 for rehearsal. We welcome new singers who desire to offer their gifts to the Holy through music and song.
Glendale has a fine set of handbells which we use in worship as often as we are able. Handbell ensembles are recruited seasonally for rehearsal and worship leadership. Contact Linda Ray Miller at email@example.com if you are interested in ringing.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- NOAH Accountability Meeting with the Mayor October 29th at 3pm Posted on October 19, 2017
- At Home: Glendale's Good Neighbor Team Posted on May 5, 2017
- Palm Sunday Retreat with Roberta Bondi Posted on February 18, 2016
- Shots from the past few months Posted on December 11, 2015
- Glendale to Co-Host "A Weekend with Brian McLaren" October 23-25 Posted on September 21, 2015