Author, speaker, and activist Brian McLaren will speak at Second Presbyterian Church about his latest book We Make the Road by Walking, which offers spiritual seekers, ex-Christians, and long-time Christians from diverse backgrounds a common understanding of what it means to follow Christ. The weekend will include lectures, discussions, and worship in sessions on Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday, October 23-25.
It is time to look toward a "Season of Celebration" for ten years of shared ministry with Amy and April. The personnel committee, with support of the Church Council, has put together a number of fun and meaningful activities. We will begin on Nov. 2 and conclude the season on Dec. 14.
You are invited over the coming months to “gather around the table” in many ways – intentional conversation, nourishing worship, and shared ministry – and to take a closer look at how we are a faith community together.
You are invited over the coming months to “gather around the table” in many ways – intentional conversation, nourishing worship, and shared ministry – and to take a closer look at how we are a faith community together. At these tables we will find many experiences: fellowship, grace, mystery, engagement with one another and with the Holy, reconciliation, love, nourishment, remembering, conversation, and care. Our purpose is to hold an extended conversation about four major aspects of the church in order to renew our life together as a caring community of equality and grace.
Mark McEntire will be leading us in a fascinating study of Genesis for the next 3 Wednesday nights. The sessions will begin at 6:45 when our prayer time ends and finish around 7:30. You really won't want to miss this!
- Glendale is pleased to co-host an event being held by Second Presbyterian Church in early March. Several of our adult classes have engaged with the work of Marcus Borg--here is a chance to spend Friday and Saturday sessions with him in studies of Moses, Jesus and Paul.
When: Sunday, November 3 beginning at 9 am
What: Joint Sunday School class and Pot luck lunch with conversation after worship
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- NOAH Accountability Meeting with the Mayor October 29th at 3pm Posted on October 19, 2017
- At Home: Glendale's Good Neighbor Team Posted on May 5, 2017
- Palm Sunday Retreat with Roberta Bondi Posted on February 18, 2016
- Shots from the past few months Posted on December 11, 2015
- Glendale to Co-Host "A Weekend with Brian McLaren" October 23-25 Posted on September 21, 2015