The Poetry of Advent
This year's Advent season we plan to focus on the poetry of Advent.
The choir will sing four anthems written by some poets in our midst, and we hope to explore ways poetry can be offered in our worship together. Further, we want to put together an Advent poetry book that will help us read poets' words as prayer, worship, meditation and devotion during the season of waiting in hopeful expectation.
I will be putting together this book to be available on the first Sunday of Advent, December 1.
Do you have an Advent-ish poem that you've written recently? Or not so recently? What Advent poetry written by other poets inspires you?
PLEASE SHARE your original poetry, as well as Advent themed poems that help you pray and worship throughout the season by emailing Claire by Sunday, November 24. Receiving submissions either in the text of an email OR in a Word document are preferred.
If you have questions about any of this, please ask. We want to hear from you as we seek to be present with ourselves, with God and with others this Advent season.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- NOAH Accountability Meeting with the Mayor October 29th at 3pm Posted on October 19, 2017
- At Home: Glendale's Good Neighbor Team Posted on May 5, 2017
- Palm Sunday Retreat with Roberta Bondi Posted on February 18, 2016
- Shots from the past few months Posted on December 11, 2015
- Glendale to Co-Host "A Weekend with Brian McLaren" October 23-25 Posted on September 21, 2015