The Poetry of Advent
This year's Advent season we plan to focus on the poetry of Advent.
The choir will sing four anthems written by some poets in our midst, and we hope to explore ways poetry can be offered in our worship together. Further, we want to put together an Advent poetry book that will help us read poets' words as prayer, worship, meditation and devotion during the season of waiting in hopeful expectation.
I will be putting together this book to be available on the first Sunday of Advent, December 1.
Do you have an Advent-ish poem that you've written recently? Or not so recently? What Advent poetry written by other poets inspires you?
PLEASE SHARE your original poetry, as well as Advent themed poems that help you pray and worship throughout the season by emailing Claire by Sunday, November 24. Receiving submissions either in the text of an email OR in a Word document are preferred.
If you have questions about any of this, please ask. We want to hear from you as we seek to be present with ourselves, with God and with others this Advent season.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- Gather Around the Table: Conversations for Renewing the Church Posted on June 16, 2014
- A Summer in the Desert Posted on June 12, 2014
- Alliance of Baptists Joins UCC in Historic Religious Liberty Case in North Carolina Posted on June 5, 2014
- Planning, budgets, programs...some of the work we (and MCC) do in Kenya Posted on April 15, 2014
- Mom and Dad came to Africa... Posted on January 22, 2014