Thomas Conner speaks for the Alliance of Baptists about a relationship he built through our Cuba partnership.
- The head of faith-based humanitarian agency Church World Service says Friday's White House decision to ease travel restrictions between the United States and Cuba for religious, educational and cultural exchanges signals "the beginning of a new era of relations between the United States and Cuba."
- In a thrilling "mark-up" session Wednesday (June 30) in the House Committee on Agriculture, H.R. 4645, the Travel Restriction Reform and Export Enhancement Act was passed by 25 votes to 20, putting us one step closer to ending the travel ban this year, in this Congress.
New legislation (HR 4645 ) would (finally) restore U.S. citizens' right to travel to Cuba and facilitate needed U.S. agricultural sales to the island.The Peterson-Moran bill (HR 4645) represents our best chance to end the travel ban in 2010. We need you to make some noise in your district and here in Washington so that the House feels the full strength and breadth of support among U.S. citizens for ending the travel ban on Cuba once and for all.
- 4/12/2010Join us for dinner on Wednesday, May 27 at 5:45 pm for an authentic Cuban meal and support our auction by offering an item or service that can be auctioned.
- Our Peace with Cuba T-shirts are now available for purchase! Select from adult sizes SMALL through 2XL. These are the highest quality all-cotton, 100% union made, no-sweatshop tees, from No Sweat Apparel.
- Big news! We now have legislation in the House of Representatives calling for an end to the travel ban on Cuba for all Americans. "Travel for All" instead of "Travel for None" or even "Travel for Some." Take action now: ask your representative to co-sponsor H.R. 874.
- What: NASHVILLE IN HARMONY BENEFIT CONCERTWhere: GLENDALE BAPTIST CHURCHWhen: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 4 PMCost: SUGGESTED DONATION: $10 - 20
- This statement was proposed and passed at the Annual Convocation of the Alliance of Baptists in Charlotte, NC on April 18, 2009
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- Upcoming Worship Opportunities at Glendale Posted on November 17, 2014
- Advent Devotional Book Posted on November 11, 2014
- Gather Around the Table on November 15 Posted on November 11, 2014
- John Bergen of Christian Peacemaker Teams to Speak at Glendale Posted on November 11, 2014
- Room in the Inn Posted on November 2, 2014