Welcome to the Glendale youth web page! You can see youth activities in our events calendar by clicking here.
Current Youth Leaders
1. Sunday school teacher/team (education): Lyndsey Godwin, (Rand Carpenter, Doug Trotter—substitute teachers)
2. Wednesday night teacher/team (education): Betsy Neely, Khette Cox
3. Youth missions leader/team (missions): Rand Carpenter--this person/ team would lead youth to participate in Room in the Inn, Luke 14:12, other missions and peace-making endeavors, and stay in touch with the missions ministry and missions chair along the way
4. Youth worship and music leader/team (worship): Thom Elsberry-- this person/team would lead the youth in participating in music and worship, work with the worship ministry of the church to think about ways that youth can learn and lead in congregational worship
5. Youth sponsors (deacons): Georgia Sims and Alex Daugherty--This person/team would pay special attention to how the youth are being connected to one another and the church as a whole, tend to special needs and respond if there is a major transition – death in the family, growing up rituals, like birthdays and changing schools, etc, and help the youth develop practices of care for each other.
6. The pastors, who provide on-going consultation, occasional teaching, resources and assistance in worship preparation, and who serve as liaisons with Baptist Youth Camp and its leadership.
Convener: Lyndsey Godwin--this person on the Youth Leadership Team should be designated to call the group together regularly and communicate with the Education Chair, Church Council, and rest of the congregation when appropriate.
· Other components of the structure to make it work:
1. Parents: all parents are invited and encouraged to support youth ministry events by bringing their youth to church, to special events, driving on outings and chaperoning trips and helping to provide food when needed.
2. Alan Green– continue to facilitate some communication, especially routine matters, if he is directed to set up such procedures (i.e. maintaining a
calendar, helping line up RiTi)
3. Council ministry chairs (Worship, Education, Deacon, Missions): include the designated youth leaders in your ministry emails, invite them to your monthly (and other) meetings keeping in mind that his/her main task is to lead youth, but help them to do that in a way that is integrated with the
whole life of the church.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations