Children & Youth Programs
For children- School Year- Families eat together from 5:45 to 6:30. Elementary children can participate in a monthly rotation of activities: our Children’s Choir program from 6:30 to 7:20, is on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays where they learn about music and singing. This choir sings periodically during Sunday worship services, as well as on other special occasions. On the second Wed. of the month, Louise Clifton and Frenchie Fortenberry cook with the children. What they prepare is connected to whatever they are studying in Missions. On the 4th Wednesday, one of our pastors [April Baker or Amy Mears] or Eileen Campbell Reed leads the children in studying about Missions, Baptist Heritage, Faith Development, and Stewardship of the Earth.
Summer- During the summer a variety of activities are planned for the children – some with the youth and adults, and some by themselves. Some of the activities include a church-wide scavenger hunt, picnics at the lake, and a water activities night featuring a huge water slide down the hill in front of the church.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- Join us for Gather Around the Table on Saturday, October 18 Posted on October 14, 2014
- Season of Celebration - 10 Years of Shared Ministry with Amy and April Posted on October 14, 2014
- Swahili, Tanzania, and khat-chewing bus drivers Posted on October 14, 2014
- Glendale Pastor April Baker Receives Baptist Heritage Award from Furman University Posted on September 18, 2014
- Ol Pejeta! Posted on September 8, 2014