The Council is composed of eight members and the pastor(s), who serve(s) ex officio. The Council members include a Church Council chair plus eight ministry chairs, elected annually, who lead the church in the following areas: Administration, Communications, Deacons, Education, Membership, Missions, Stewardship, and Worship.
Standing committees of the church include the following: Ordination Committee, Nominating Committee, Church History Committee, and the Budget and Finance Committee. Honoring the New Testament concept of deacons as servants, Glendale's deacons are ministers and leaders of groups into which the active membership is divided. These groups, led by their respective deacons, minister to and enjoy fellowship with one another.
In the ways described above, and many others, the members of Glendale Baptist Church are involved in leading the church at every level. Glendale fiercely guards the democratic nature of the Baptist congregational form of governance.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- NOAH Accountability Meeting with the Mayor October 29th at 3pm Posted on October 19, 2017
- At Home: Glendale's Good Neighbor Team Posted on May 5, 2017
- Palm Sunday Retreat with Roberta Bondi Posted on February 18, 2016
- Shots from the past few months Posted on December 11, 2015
- Glendale to Co-Host "A Weekend with Brian McLaren" October 23-25 Posted on September 21, 2015