Women and men serve equally within the life of the congregation of Glendale Baptist Church. This is apparent in every aspect of the church-from Sunday School teachers, to kitchen committee, to deacons, to worship planning, to Church Council leadership, to professional staff.
In 1974, Glendale was the first Southern Baptist church in Nashville to choose women as deacons. From 1990 to 1999, Glendale has also ordained five women to the Gospel ministry.
Moreover, in recognition and support of women's abilities and training in professional ministry, the church called Rev. April Baker, on May 19, 2002, to serve as the associate pastor of Glendale Baptist Church. On October 24, 2004, the congregation voted to call Rev. April Baker and Rev. Amy Mears as co-pastors, thus beginning a new pastoral model for the church. Amy Mears began her ministry at Glendale on November 24, 2004.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- Join us for Gather Around the Table on Saturday, October 18 Posted on October 14, 2014
- Season of Celebration - 10 Years of Shared Ministry with Amy and April Posted on October 14, 2014
- Swahili, Tanzania, and khat-chewing bus drivers Posted on October 14, 2014
- Glendale Pastor April Baker Receives Baptist Heritage Award from Furman University Posted on September 18, 2014
- Ol Pejeta! Posted on September 8, 2014