Women and men serve equally within the life of the congregation of Glendale Baptist Church. This is apparent in every aspect of the church-from Sunday School teachers, to kitchen committee, to deacons, to worship planning, to Church Council leadership, to professional staff.
In 1974, Glendale was the first Southern Baptist church in Nashville to choose women as deacons. From 1990 to 1999, Glendale has also ordained five women to the Gospel ministry.
Moreover, in recognition and support of women's abilities and training in professional ministry, the church called Rev. April Baker, on May 19, 2002, to serve as the associate pastor of Glendale Baptist Church. On October 24, 2004, the congregation voted to call Rev. April Baker and Rev. Amy Mears as co-pastors, thus beginning a new pastoral model for the church. Amy Mears began her ministry at Glendale on November 24, 2004.
|Sunday School||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Service||10:30 a.m.|
|Choir Rehearsal Wednesdays||5:15 p.m.|
|Wednesday Night Dinner||5:45 p.m.*|
|Wednesday Night Programs||6:45 p.m.|
*call 615.269.0926 or email for reservations
Calendar of Events
- Ol Pejeta! Posted on September 8, 2014
- Gather Around the Table: Conversations for Renewing the Church Posted on June 16, 2014
- A Summer in the Desert Posted on June 12, 2014
- Alliance of Baptists Joins UCC in Historic Religious Liberty Case in North Carolina Posted on June 5, 2014
- Planning, budgets, programs...some of the work we (and MCC) do in Kenya Posted on April 15, 2014